[mythtv-users] Wow! Finally!

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Tue Apr 27 22:00:14 EDT 2004

mike johnson wrote:

> hey everyone,
>
> well....after many days of ^&*! this and $#%^&*! that mythtv is up.
> thanks for all your help.
>
> i do have some questions though.  this project was a complete
> experiment before taking a bigger leap.  that said, the box i'm using
> is a stand alone box.  i guess it'll be my back end and front end.
> that said, how do i watch a tv show w/o it saying, is your back end
> running or something to that effect.
>
> thanks,
> mj

>> From must-see cities to the best beaches, plan a getaway with the Spring
>
> Travel Guide! http://special.msn.com/local/springtravel.armx

I think you probably don't have mythbackend running as a service. Try
the command: 'chkconfig mythbackend on' from the root prompt. Then do a
'service mythbackend start'. It should autostart on a reboot. I would
get that message when the frontend could not connect to the backend
because it was not running.