[mythtv-users] Transcoding issues resolved
rwhittak3 at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 27 22:17:02 EDT 2004
Thanks to a new transcode apt-get rpm (THANK YOU!) and some
perseverance, I've finally gotten DVD ripping to work properly.
From the e-mails I've received, I know there are a few other people on
this list who have encountered the same problems I did, so in the hope
that I can help you out a bit, here's what I had to do to fix my system.
Even with the newest transcode package (transcode-0.6.12-5.rhfc1.at),
/usr/lib/transcode/export_xvid.so is a link to
/usr/lib/transcode/export_xvid2.so. This absolutely wouldn't work for
me, so I had to do the following:
# rm export_xvid.so
# ln -s export_xvid4.so export_xvid.so
That's all it took to fix xvid for me. Doing the apt-get install from
Jarod's guide seems to miss a few packages that are required to get divx
to work. These commands will get the packages that contain the needed
# apt-get install divx4linux
# apt-get install compat-gcc-c++
After that, ripping DVDs to both xvid and divx seems to work for me.
More information about the mythtv-users