[mythtv-users] Audigy2 PCM Capture

John B. Hewitt lansmash at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 28 05:33:14 EDT 2004

Hey Guys,

	I'm almost on there to 'MythTV heaven' with a sweet little MythTV box
I've been working on.  I'm using Gentoo and MythTV 0.14 emerged and
have a strange problem.

Whenever I change the channel on MythTV the mixer changes the "PCM
CAPTURE" channel to 100%.  This is bad; what happens then is I get a
funky reverb effect as it captures the outgoing PCM channel and repeats
it.  Cool disco effect, not cool when trying to capture the dsp.

Not sure what to do, but only happens with MythTV.  Any ideas?  Also,
for some reason I can't use /dev/adsp (says can't write to device, it
exists so i dunno!).

Regards,
	JB. Hewitt
	Strategic Technology Consulting : www.stcpl.com.au