[mythtv-users] HDTV/CPU survey

Wed Apr 28 12:10:10 EDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Dylan D wrote:

> Hello john, that is weird because i've have no issues with hdtv+mplayer+2400 amd xp.
> I noticed that yes when cameras panned or whatever it got a bit jumpy, But that wasn't a cpu issue it was a interlaced video issue, and applying  the ,
> video=dfmbga:fiedlparity=top switch fixed that issue for me.
> I would imagine that running something alot slower then the xp2400 would be fine, As top shows only 9-12% uterlisation when watching HDTV.
> But then again that is over directfb(without X).

I have thought about building Myth with DirectFB support.

I currently am using an nVidia graphics cards.  Reading the docs on the
DirectFB web site, I got the impression that nVidia cards did not have much
support with DirectFB.

Matrox cards seem to have the best support, except for 24bit color.  Do
Matrox cards support HD resolutions with DirectFB?  I have an old Matrox
G400 I could put into use.

As fare as your filter list (video=dfmbga:fiedlparity=top); that does not
look like a Myth filter list, is it for mplayer?  Mplayer does play HD video
a bit smoother than Myth does, even with no filters.

Thanks for the info,

John