[mythtv-users] Re:Voodoo3 3500 capture, anyone?

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Wed Apr 28 12:43:05 EDT 2004

> Message: 22
> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:24:23 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Dennis Lou <dlou99 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Re:Voodoo3 3500 capture, anyone?
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> gjmcgee at cableone.net wrote:
> >A cheap BT878 card is ~$25, depending on
> >shopping skillz.
>
> $11.99 at
> http://www.softwareandstuff.com/crd_Aitechtvpci.html
>
> Does that mean I have M at D SK1LLZ? :-)
>
> >The 3500TV also had _TERRIBLE_ TV out quality.
>
> Is it as bad as my Voodoo3 TV-out?  I put
> together some samples:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/dlou99/v3.html
>
> The whites and near whites seem to be the
> problem areas.  I think I'm going to start
> shopping around for a MX420, MX440 or MX4000 card.
>
> Oh well.  At least the Voodoo3 was only $13.
>
> -Dennis

You officially have M at d shopping skillz.

Try the following tuner video settings--work as a good staring point for
the bt878, might work on a bt869:

bright 75% (~48000 in mythweb/configure/settings)
color 25% (16384)
contrast 25% (16384)

I remember the 3500TV having a *great* tuner and picture in xawtv, and
looking like hell on TV out, but I never tried svideo...

With a vga>component HW adapter, it would probably rock, in retrospect.

Forget the bad things I said about it--- If you can get it to allow
recording, it's worth a shot.

Having said that, the svideo out on an Xbox looks awesome, running
mythfrontend.