[mythtv-users] Question about specific higher channels not working

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Wed Apr 28 12:41:44 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 13:08, Johnny Lee wrote:
> Wow I never new that. I am using analog cable. What exactly is IIRC? Is
> there a way I can edit my channel maps to point to where it should go to?
> Thanks for the great info. I thought I had a bad tuner card or something.

Sorry, IIRC is a geeky/loser abbreviation for If I Recall Correctly.

For more information on cable TV frequencies, have a look here:

http://www.jneuhaus.com/fccindex/cablech.html

I just had a look in frequencies.c here :

http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/frequencies.c?rev=1.5&view=auto

for the channel maps, and the  US cable HRC maps are WRONG for channel 95-99.
If you look in the lists, each one has an extra 0 on the end.  For example:
channel 95 is listed at 900,000 where it should be 90,000.  This is probably
causing your problem.  Is you cable system really us-cable-hrc?  If not, try
switching to regular old us-cable.  Otherwize, your best bet may be to
download the source, edit frequencies.c and compile your own.

 Any developers on this list care to fix this before the next release?

Mark