[mythtv-users] JVC HV-32D25 Pal TV

Greg greg.d at cwgsy.net
Wed Apr 28 15:04:52 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have Mythtv running reasonably well at the mo using a PVR350 on SuSE 9.0
(gonna try 9.1 when it's released). My TV is a JVC HV-32D25, which according
to the FAQ does 75hz scan rate, can I just use the PAL howto from
http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=TvOutPal? Do I have to
specifically set it to 75hz, or can I use the same range as in the howto?

I'm a bit worried about the refresh rate, I seem to remember someone saying
it was nothing to worry about, but I'd like a few opinions if possible.
Planning on routing it through a VCR first, dunno if this would make it any
safer or would make no difference at all? Don't really want to blow the TV
up if I can help it, not too worried about a VCR though :)

TIA,
Greg