[mythtv-users] Ahanix Samsung VFD and LCDproc

Michael Gargiullo gargiullo at comcast.net
Thu Apr 29 10:41:16 EDT 2004

Morning,

	First, sorry for the cross post, but I've seen this issue on both
mailing lists come up without a working solution.

	Finally, I got the VFD that ships with the DVine.5 case working with
LCDproc. I know other people have asked about it.  To get it working I
changed the Parallel port settings in BIOS to ECP (ECM motherboard with
athalon XP proc). Restart, and boom...  no more garbage on the VFD.

	On another note, be sure which VFD they ship (depending on where you
order it).  The VFD shipped with my case looks like it's actually for
one of their other cases (It's too short).  I had to fabricate a
mounting solution.  New mounting plate is easy if you can get a small
piece of plexiglass (Think Home Depot) and a fine tooth saw.

Use the HD44780 driver
and winamp setting

Hope at least some of this was helpful.

 -Mike