[mythtv-users] Neilsen Ratings (Was: references to "significant other")

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Thu Apr 29 15:45:56 EDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Tony Maro wrote:

> So at my house the WAF acceptance factor has moved on to the WAF
> must-have factor.  We keep around 60 gigs of unwatched TV at any given
> time, so there's rarely a need to watch live TV.
>
> I mean, I can't even imagine watching commercials anymore.  Or not
> watching what I want to watch at 2:00 AM.  I get frustrated when I do
> watch live TV because of the commercials.

You know, this week (starting today), I became a Neilsen family. They
bribed me with $10 (which will pay for my X10 Lola) so I couldn't say no.

They have this whole little page for programs you watch that were recorded
at another time (VCR). I guess if you wanted to be realistic about filling
out this form, it'd be a real pain in the ass for you, especially since
they only give you about 15-20 lines for detailed info on previously
recorded stuff.

Which brings up a question... What do people on this list think will
happen to programming on TV, especially now that people have started to
get used to the idea of a DVR? Is there a chance commercials will get
better (so that people will actually watch them) ?
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass