[mythtv-users] Mouseless / Keyboardless Frontend

Poobah poobah at techsquadron.com
Fri Apr 30 00:05:46 EDT 2004

I've got an ATI remote wonder doing all the functionality that I need in
a keyboard.  The system is diskless and boots off the network
(read-only, so it can't muck anything up). If the frontend locks or X
wigs out, the kids can just hit reset and wait for it to come back up.
Not having a keyboard/mouse plugged in helps the cable mess in the back.

I did find an option within XF86Config Server Flags section called
"AllowMouseOpenFail" that solved what I'm looking to do...

I was thinking of using the Direct FB to shave some seconds off of the
boot time, but it doesn't really sound like it is worth the effort right
now.

Thanks, though!

Mark