[mythtv-users] Neilsen Ratings (Was: references to "significant other")

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Fri Apr 30 14:41:00 EDT 2004

> Which brings up a question... What do people on this list think will
> happen to programming on TV, especially now that people have started to
> get used to the idea of a DVR? Is there a chance commercials will get
> better (so that people will actually watch them) ?
> 			-peace

Commercials will undoubtedly get more intrusive and annoying as they get
integrated with the shows.  I was watching Ripley's Believe it or Not!
last night and they actually had a POPUP in the MIDDLE of a scene and in
the MIDDLE of the screen advertising the upcoming Martin show.  It was
very annoying.