[mythtv-users] Mouseless / Keyboardless Frontend

rhanders at theantfarm.net rhanders at theantfarm.net
Fri Apr 30 20:21:27 EDT 2004

>> There are lots of things you need a keyboard for in Myth. Pick up a
>> nice, small, wireless keyboard and then it'll not be in the way. A mouse
>> on the other hand is mostly useless. Just don't plug one in
>
> I use fvwm, and without a mouse I'm not sure how to open a console window
> if
> I have to exit the frontend.  Is there a shortcut key to do that?
>
> -Jeff

You can use irexec and configure .lircrc to run any command you need. I
run my system with Microsoft Wireless Desktop for Bluetooth. There are
issues that prevent me from booting with the bluetooth receiver plugged
in. So I plug it in after booting and I use the remote to launch a script
in a terminal window so I can see the progress, that scans the Bluetooth
network for my keyboard, and when it is found the script starts a bthid
process to connect to the keyboard.