[mythtv-users] 2.6.3-7 sds kernel and LVM2 for mythtv

Adrian Phillips adrianp at broadpark.no
Sun Aug 1 03:26:48 EDT 2004

    Michael> Mark Maas wrote:
    >> Michael T. Dean wrote:
    >>> Do you have dm-mod installed (i.e. modprobe dm-mod assuming
    >>> you've build LVM support as a module)?
    >>  Well well, modprobe lvm-mod did not work, but modprobe dm-mod
    >> does go off without a hitch. So now the device mapper is

    Michael> I just started with LVM, but it seems to me that lvm-mod
    Michael> is used if you're using LVM1; whereas dm-mod is used with
    Michael> LVM2.  I actually have the lvm-mod module (because I

I've used EVMS not LVM2, but lvm-mod IS LVM1, for LVM2/EVMS you need
device mapper (dm-mod) and whichever LVM system you want (LVM2/EVMS)
on top of that; but EVMS at least is user space although there are
additional kernel patches for some of the extended functionality, the
same may be true of LVM2,

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/