[mythtv-users] test_ioctl ivtvctl error with PVR-350

David myth at dgreaves.com
Sun Aug 1 09:12:28 EDT 2004

Jo Pettitt wrote:
> I've just bought a PVR-350 and have installed it. I built the ivtv
> module and as far as I can tell it is loading on boot. DMESG gives me
> some positive stuff.
>
> I can't test it though as when I do:
>
> /usr/bin/test_ioctl -u 0xff
>
> I am told test_ioctl has been renamed to ivtvctl - use that instead.
>
> The problem is that I can't find this on my system. Has something borked
> during installation?
when you downloaded the driver you should have found a doc directory
with loads of READMEs etc.

In there it tells you about all the utils, how to compile them, where
they are etc etc.

I'm interested in how you have managed to compile and run a version of
test_ioctl that only comes with ivtvctl (they are made using the same
makefile and the source for both is in one directory) and yet can't find
ivtvctl?

Did you dl this from CK's site or maybe it is part of a (possibly
slightly broken) distro?

David