[mythtv-users] tv_grab_uk_dvb - UK DVB -

Ian Armstrong mail01 at iarmst.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 14:45:25 EDT 2004

On Monday 02 Aug 2004 19:08, Charlie Brej wrote:
> Ian Armstrong wrote:
> > Sorry, not an answer to your question, but I've noticed the EPG doesn't
> > seem to be as complete as it should be. I'm not sure why, but at the
> > moment although most channels seem okay, 'five' doesn't seem to have been
> > updated for a few days. (I still have a test grab from 31 July, which is
> > when I noticed the problem). The guide for it runs out at 6am on Friday
> > 6th while most of the other channels are good until the 9th. Depends on
> > how accurate you want your guide to be as to whether you switch now, or
> > wait and see what happens.
>
> Try moving your time fetch time to some earlier or later time. I had
> problems with it not inserting any data for a few days until i moved to a
> 2am fetch. The 14 days in advance guide is pants and I force another fetch
> 10 and 5 days in advance to get rid of the TBAs etc.

What I'm seeing extends beyond just tv_grab_dvb & Mythtv. I've tried running
the grabber at different times & when tuned to different stations. The
problem I've got is that the EPG being retrieved by tv_grab_dvb simply
doesn't have any listing for 'five' after 6am on Friday 6th. Even going to
Windows and using the Hauppauge software supplied with the Nova-T card fails
to retrieve any data for 'five' after this time even though other stations
are okay. It's been like this for a few days now. (Just in case it's a
regional thing, I'm on Oxford.)

--
Ian