[mythtv-users] Motherboard without DMA issues?

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Mon Aug 2 16:07:53 EDT 2004

I currently have a motherboard based on the KT133 chipset which has problems with stuttering when
watching live TV. I understand this is due to DMA problems with the chipset causing problems when
shifting large amounts of data over the PCI bus, and want to replace it with a newer model. Can
anyone recommend a modern motherboard, preferably with 6 PCI slots and built in LAN?

If anyone has similar DMA problems it may also be helpful to reply with them so people know
which boards to avoid.

Thanks in advance,

Chris