[mythtv-users] Channel / Database cleanup

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Mon Aug 2 20:48:55 EDT 2004

I'm having some problems in two channel/database areas with 0.15.1.
First, this weekend I reactivated my pcHDTV card for the first time since
a hardware upgrade / new database in May and using Datadirect also.
The problem is several duplicate channels; and they keep coming
back.  For example, the local CBS station (4 / WCCO) is in the database
4 times:
4 - WCCO source 1, freq 4 (the correct NTSC channel).
4 - WCCODT source 1 (freq 4, not the correct ATSC)
4.1 - WCCO source 2 (freq 4)
4.1 - WCCODT source 2 (freq 32, the correct ATSC freq).

Just last night, used the channel editor and  mythweb to remove the
wrong channels, but now they are back again.
I tried getting the pcHD card to work with just 1 source, but
it only worked once I created a second broadcast source.  So now
the program guide has 3 (not 4) copies of each channel, seems to
know the 4th channel is a duplicate.  And selecting a program on
WCCODT 4.1 will automatically select the same program on WCCODT 4.
Its kinda a mess.  The 2 sources ("broadcast" and "HDTV") are
both connecting to the same Datadirect account.

The faq from Brandon is pre-Datadirect, so I'm not sure how much of
its still correct.  I'm tempted to erase the whole database and start
fresh, but I'm not sure it will help.

Secondly, as I look through parts of the database, I'm amazed how much
seemly stuff/crap/junk is in the database tables.  The database was
initialized in late May
and now I have:
62630 records in credits
15460 records in people
94700 records in programgenres dating back to May starttimes.
and 384,100 records in recordedmarkup.

What in god's name is all this crap?  I only have about 8 channels
in my broadcast area, not counting HD versions.

Brian