[mythtv-users] mythmusic problem while ripping CDs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 3 16:17:55 EDT 2004

Daniel Savard wrote:

>I have a strange problem while trying to copy my CDs to the hard drive.
>It seems the process stop before completion. The GUI doesn't show any
>more progress after few songs have been copied.
>
>Few days ago, I updated Mythmusic with the latest CVS version available
>and I was able to copy a first CD, then I inserted a second and it never
>completed. There is no messages in the syslog. Is there a way to
>investigate what is going on?

Have you determined whether it's the CD's that are the problem?  In
other words, does it always hang on certain CD's and work on other CD's?

 From http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-15.html#ss15.6 :
Another item to consider: there are some CDs that contain computer data
that runs as a "CD Extra" when inserted into some Windows PCs and
Macintoshes. As of 2003-06-10, MythMusic doesn't support track skipping
or individual track selection, so if you have a CD with "CD Extra" data
you will not be able to encode it; MythMusic will hang attempting to
encode the non-audio data.

Mike