[mythtv-users] Geforce 440mx

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Aug 4 01:15:23 EDT 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 15:44, Will Dormann wrote:

> Eric Joe wrote:
>
>> Hey I know a lot of people on the list are using the Geforce 440mx
>> cards
>> along with like a PVR-250. I ran across a guy thats selling Jaton
>> Geforce
>> 440mx cards (new in box) for $35 each. He has about 50 of them. I am
>> getting 2 of them. Email me off list if you want the guys info.
>

> Sounds good.   What's the contact info?

WARNING: Jaton is about as bargain-basement as it gets. I had a Jaton
GF4MX card at one point. It was ABSOLUTE CRAP. All my other cards (MSI,
PNY and Chaintech) produce great video, but the output from the Jaton
one I had was terrible, with a very obvious moire pattern always
visible when outputting to a TV. I can't remember what I did with that
card... Either trashed it or put it in a server machine, can't recall.
But again, it was horrid for a Myth box. Maybe you'll get lucky and not
get such a crappy one, but Jaton has historically always used the
absolute cheapest parts around...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com