[mythtv-users] MythWeb missing previews - potential solution?

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Wed Aug 4 01:39:01 EDT 2004

A few months ago I posted about mythweb missing all of the preview pictures
that were for shows on my slave backend, although they were shown in the
frontend.  I have changed my setup lately, now I have two tuners in my
combined frontend/backend machine, so it's not an issue anymore, but I think
I may have just had a brainwave as to the problem...

It seems to me that mythweb only contacts the master backend.  I maybe
incorrect, but it seems to me that the master backend wasn't proxying
requests for the previews for the slave backend, so when mythweb asked for it,
nothing came through.  I may have had the backend override flag set, I don't
remember any more.

Oh, and my two backends didn't share a filesystem, so the master backend
couldn't see the slave's files (this likely makes a difference).

Anyone else see this problem recently?  If so, maybe we can somehow get this
fixed, but I don't have anywhere to test any potential fixes anymore.

Ciao
Gavin

P.S.  See you all on the IRC channel :)