[mythtv-users] maxnewest | maxepisodes | autoexpire

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Wed Aug 4 10:43:20 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 04:03:57PM +0200, Torben Jensen wrote:
> If used med maxepisodes, like "the Simpsons", I could easiely imagine
> seeing the greatest episode ever, and wanting to keep it around, to show
> to others, or view again - if a user actively marks something not to be
> deleted, it should simply not be deleted!!

I would agree with you, if Myth had a mechanism for marking a recording
as non-deletable, but (at least based on Joseph's response), there is no
such concept supported by Myth.  I had thought that's what
autoexpire did, but that's just for reaching disk space limits.  Would
be nice if it could be overloaded though to apply to both?

Chris