[mythtv-users] GUI X and Y offsets

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Aug 4 18:04:08 EDT 2004

Jim Sager wrote:
> I haven't heard any talk in a while regarding the ability to use the GUI X and
> Y Offsets without running myth in a window. I believe that the last I heard
> it was a problem related to QT - correct me if I am wrong.

Okay, your wrong =). It is most likely the placement policy
of your window manager. The coordinates are suggestion by
the application of where it wants to be placed but the window
manager can do whatever it believes it is supposed to. In fact,
there is even a difference of conventions whether the coordinates
are for the corner of the decoration or the app inside the window.

I run mythfrontend in a window at x=4 y=560 to be placed in the
lower right hand corner of my KDE desktop. If I turn off "Run the
frontend in a window" then restart the frontend, it's again in
the lower right but with gaps where the frame would have been.

Read the man page for your window manager for anything about
placement policy or try another window manager.

--  bjm