[mythtv-users] 2 quick Q's - best PVR-350 price and does MythGame work with TV out on PVR-350?

Dave Bush statman at twcny.rr.com
Wed Aug 4 19:19:44 EDT 2004

Hey folks,
    I've been trying to decide whether or not to build a MythTV box when
all of a sudden I get a $100 thank you at work for patching a ton of
Windows servers. (Thank you Microsoft for having so many security holes!
:)) Now that I've got some mad money to make a dent in this project I'm
thinking it's full steam ahead. My "need to get" list is really just a
PVR-350 and a bigger hard drive. This is going in an Athlon 2200+ box
w/512 MB RAM that works as my little household server.

    I've been looking online and the best price I can find for a PVR-350
card is on buy.com. They sell them new for $165.99, and shipping is
free. Does anyone know anywhere in the US that can beat that, or is that
the best price I'm going to find? I've dug around the 'net, and even the
prices on eBay are more than that with shipping.

    Also - I've really debated on whether I go with the 350 or not until
I read someone saying that DVD out works fine for him. This may come as
a dumb question, but does the TV out on the 350 also work with MythGame?
I like the idea of being able to play my favorite xMAME games on the TV
instead of my computer, and I think this would be cool. I've Googled
around looking for an answer to this but haven't seen anything one way
or another.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
- Dave
--
Dave Bush - statman at twcny.rr.com <mailto:statman at twcny.rr.com>

There are two seasons in my world - Hockey and Construction