[mythtv-users] Motherboard without DMA issues?

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed Aug 4 19:48:05 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 02:17:31PM +0100, Chris Birkinshaw wrote:
> > Any board built on a nVidia chipset will work fine.
>
> I need an ATX Skt A motherboard which will support my Duron 800 and also
> the athlon XPs. The nForce motherboards don't seem to have 6 PCI slots
> though....

I had to swap out the motherboard in my MythTV box recently when the
original board decided to blow a few capacitors.  I put in an FIC AU13,
which is an nForce2 board with six PCI slots.  It also includes FireWire and
digital audio out (both optical and coax), but I've not yet figured out how
to get AC3 passthrough working for DVD playback.  (Until I get that fixed, I
have a Turtle Beach Riviera installed.) Other than that, it's running like a
champ.

http://www.fica.com/site/html/products/mb/detail.asp?cat_id=240000049&C_ID=240000647

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter