[mythtv-users] Question about specific higher channels not working

Johnny Lee johnny at fishcounts.com
Wed Aug 4 19:59:44 EDT 2004

>> On Wednesday 28 April 2004 13:08, Johnny Lee wrote:
>>> Wow I never new that. I am using analog cable. What exactly is IIRC? Is
>>> there a way I can edit my channel maps to point to where it should go
>>> to?
>>> Thanks for the great info. I thought I had a bad tuner card or
>>> something.
>>>

>> Sorry, IIRC is a geeky/loser abbreviation for If I Recall Correctly.
>>
>> For more information on cable TV frequencies, have a look here:
>>
>> http://www.jneuhaus.com/fccindex/cablech.html
>>
>> I just had a look in frequencies.c here :
>>
>> http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/frequencies.c?rev=1.5&view=auto
>>
>> for the channel maps, and the  US cable HRC maps are WRONG for channel
>> 95-99.
>> If you look in the lists, each one has an extra 0 on the end.  For
>> example:
>> channel 95 is listed at 900,000 where it should be 90,000.  This is
>> probably
>> causing your problem.  Is you cable system really us-cable-hrc?  If not,
>> try
>> switching to regular old us-cable.  Otherwize, your best bet may be to
>> download the source, edit frequencies.c and compile your own.
>>
>>  Any developers on this list care to fix this before the next release?
>>
>> Mark
>>>
>>> Johnny Lee

This was never fixed in the newer versions of mythtv. Anyone know any
developers that can put this fix in? I just redid my mythtv box and I
totally forgot I had to do this and I couldn't figure out why 95-99 wasn't
working again. Luckly I found this in my email and recompiled my mythtv.
Once again thanks Mark.

Johnny Lee