[mythtv-users] No sound on some channels only when recording with PVR-250

Matthew Morris matthewm_999 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 00:22:25 EDT 2004

I have a strange problem I have been trying to fix and
I was wondering if anyone else had seen the same.

I have a mythtv version 15 using a pvr-250 capture
card and IVTV drivers on Mandrake 10 (kernel
2.4.25-2mdk) and ivtv
I can watch live TV via mythtv with no problems.
liveTV comes from a buffer so I can pause and delay..

If I try to record then some channels will record with
sound and some will record without sound.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to which channels
record with sound or which don't. The channels don't
change ie those that record with sound always do and
those that don't record with sound always don't.

Anyone else seeing this or have any advise on to what
to look for?