[mythtv-users] Wireless Keyboards

Timo Boettcher spida at gmx.net
Thu Aug 5 04:24:18 EDT 2004

Hi Terrence,

* Terrence Martin <tmartin at physics.ucsd.edu>, Thursday, August 5, 2004, 8:30:50 AM:

> So question, do mythTV users run with wireless keyboards and if so what
> are you using?

I am using an "Apple wireless keyboard" and (for contrast) a
"Microsoft intellimouse explorer for bluetooth" (both are bluetooth)
on two of my machines (not yet on the myth-box, but I am planning to).
I even wrote a small howto for setup of this hardware, its available
on http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=205860 (has a hang for
gentoo, but will certainly works with some changes on other
distributions, too).

> Is RF preferable to IR?
Hm, IR is strictly Line-of-sight, that can be good or bad, bad, when
you have something between you and the receiver, good, when somebody
tries to sniff your communication (not a problem when you are just
controlling your myth-box, but when you start writing mails....)

 Timo