[mythtv-users] Wireless Keyboards

Jason Keirstead mythtv at keirstead.org
Thu Aug 5 09:12:43 EDT 2004

On August 5, 2004 09:58 am, Stephen Tait wrote:
> I did consider it, but just figured a decent remote setup would be a much
> lower maintenance solution, and more accessible for my non-geeky flatmates

I have a remote as well. But having a keyboard makes many things much easier
for me, and my girlfriend as well. Because I have a keyboard, she can surf
the web fully right on the TV using mythweb. This is hard if not impossible
with a remote only. since you can never type in any URLs or search terms.

I also have a shortcut on the myth menu to launch an email app.

The keyboard I use is an Acer Airkey
(http://www.lakeviewcompusales.com/kbawili72v.htm), it is very compact, and
has a built in pointing device.

--
There are two major products that came out of Berkeley:  LSD and UNIX.
We do not believe this to be a coincidence.  ~Jeremy S. Anderson