[mythtv-users] OT: Tivo Users Can, So Can MythTV users?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Aug 5 14:22:55 EDT 2004

 > We should be able to share, and that sharing should include files.

I agree.  However, it's currently "not exactly legal" for Americans to
do so with TV recordings.  And until it is, as I've heard Isaac and
other devs say before, it won't be sanctioned by mythtv in any way,
since the industry seems more than silling to sue the pants off of
anyone they see who might be infringing on their copyrights.  Right or
wrong, I doubt any of the devs have the kind of funding to fight that
kind of thing.

Now, anyone is welcome to develop such a sharing system, but there will
be no links/support/etc for it from the official mythtv project.

Please keep in mind that I'm just parroting what I've heard the devs say
  when this topic was brought up in the past, and by no means should it
represent any of their current feelings on the topic.

-Chris