[mythtv-users] Checkbox problem in the preferences applications ?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 6 09:35:06 EDT 2004

On Friday 06 August 2004 06:02, Erwan Arzur wrote:
> now i think this question has already been answered thousands of
> times, but i did not find any reference in the archives or in
> google,...  I can't make proper setup of my mythtv box, because i
> cannot check any of the checkboxes (tried the right arrow, all keys
> on the keyboard and remote, and i just can't check them !) It's very
> fustrating :-)
>
> Any idea to solve this ? my next try will be to grab a cvs version of
> mythtv and recompile it.

Are you sure it's not working?  Sometimes the Qt style selected makes it
nearly impossible to tell the difference between a checked &
non-checked box, especially if you're viewing on a TV screen.  Try
changing your Qt style (Under Setup->Appearance).  For reference, I'm
using "Platinum" at home.

-JAC