[mythtv-users] PVR350 Composite for dummies

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 6 21:19:41 EDT 2004

James Pifer wrote:

>Is there a "PVR350 Composite for dummies" instructions?
>
>In searching the forum and google the steps for using a composite input
>seem to be:
>1) Set up a new Video Source for the Input
>2) Make the Video Source use the tv_grab_na[North America(DataDirect)]?
>3) Set the Input Connection

for the appropriate composite input (i.e. Composite 0)

> to use this new Video Source

Do not

>4) Edit the database for this connection and

Do not

>modify the tvgrabber and or channels
>5) Watch live TV and

notice that you don't have to

> use 'c' to switch to the composite input

because it's using the composite input already

>6) use 'r' to record (?)

or use the EPG to schedule automatic recordings

>Questions:
>Are these steps still valid with the latest mythtv or is there an easier
>way?
>Are these steps spelled out step-by-step anywhere? Specifically #4?

I think those steps were steps being used by people who had
configuration problems with their systems.  There should be no reason to
do this on a properly configured system.  (Sorry, though, Chris, that
doesn't mean I know why your system won't use S-Video properly. :)

HTH.

Mike