[mythtv-users] I can recort TV but not watch it live

Frank Bertling Frank.Bertling at t-online.de
Sat Aug 7 11:07:17 EDT 2004

Hi, as I already have mentioned I have some serions problems getting my MythTV
to work, (Just search the archive for my name) but now I am totally confused:

I can record a TV - Show from the satellite (with a manual timer) and playback
also works fine, but every time I selecht Watch TV in the frontende the
frontend crashes and I get messages like

QSocketDevice::writeBlock: Invalid socket
2004-08-07 17:00:42 Error writing stringlist
Remote encoder not responding.

meanwhile the backend complains

2004-08-07 17:00:34 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
2004-08-07 17:00:34 Using profile 'Live TV' to record
[mpeg4 @ 0x407d0490]removing common factors from framerate
2004-08-07 17:00:34 Commercial Detection initialized: width = 752, height =
576, fps = 25, method = 1
Won't work with the streaming interface, falling back
VIDIOCGCAP:: Unpassender IOCTL (I/O-Control) für das Gerät
got pix fmt 4
v4l2: unsupported vbi data format
Can't open vbi device: /dev/vbi0

So can anybody give my a little hint what to do / search for....

Frank, who gets the impression that MythTV is really hot stuff _if_ he can
ever get it working.....