[mythtv-users] homebrew IR receiver

Jason Donhaue jdonahue at timekiller.org
Sun Aug 8 19:44:28 EDT 2004

I am looking to change my myth setup. I want a dedicated backend server,
and having several frontend-only boxes throughout the house. Only
problem right now is that the frontends are currently using the tuner
card IR receivers, but if I move the tuners to one backend, I need to
make my own IR receivers for the frontends.

Best case scenario, I just go to Radio Shack and buy the parts I need.
But the most important thing is that it work just as well as the current
receiver, I do not want to have to deal with having a weaker receiver,
etc.

Can anyone suggest either something I can buy, or build that will do the
trick?