[mythtv-users] Re: Sound in MPEG stream on a PVR-350

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon Aug 9 22:07:48 EDT 2004

Jo Pettitt wrote:

> Did a find and then deleted the file, but still no luck after a
> reboot. I find it hard to believe that each card is so different that
> it takes this long to fix!!!

Sorry to jump in here, but did you do a 'depmod -aq' after removing the
msp3400 in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/video?  May not
help, but whenever I add or change anything in my modules directory I
run it again just to make sure.  It is usually only needed when adding
or deleting modules.

> I then tried copying the msp3400.o from the ivtv build directory to
> the home of the deleted one. Still no luck!

After rebooting did the logs show the msp3400 ivtv version?

HTH,
David