[mythtv-users] myth worked, re-install, now slow & freezing

Tim J. Corcoran tcorcoran at sagesi.com
Tue Aug 10 02:31:19 EDT 2004

I had haphazardly installed myth and was pleasantly surprised.  I decided to
re-install my Linux and re-configure my disks to LVM and XFS.  This done, I
installed Myth from binary packages for my Linux Mandrake 10 Official.  While
watching live tv the screen would slow within 5 seconds and freeze.  After about
10 more seconds it would play okay for a few more seconds then freeze.  This is
constant.

I next installed from CVS source.  Same problems.  Although xawtv, tvtime, etc.
play fine.  I then re-configured my disks to single EXT3 partitions. Same problem.

I am now attempting to re-install from the stable release from mythtv.org.  I am
wondering if there is something simpler causing the problem.  The only
difference installing Mandrake 10 this time was the ATI TV Wonder VE was already
in the box.  It configured the TV card, however I have updated the modules.conf
and have been running modprobe manually with card=64 and tuner=2 (NTSC North
America-- right!?)

Anyway, all help would be greatly appreciated.  I have an AverMedia scan
converter and IR keyboard/remote coming shortly.

--
Tim Corcoran