[mythtv-users] Transcoding to remove commercials in MPEG2 broke

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Tue Aug 10 07:58:59 EDT 2004

Is there any way to transcode a mpeg2 nuv file to remove the commercials
without going to mpeg4 then back to mpeg2? I thought there was a setting
in the transcoders that used to allow an mpeg2 source to be transcoded
to an mpeg2 format just to remove the commercials or lower the bitrate
some. If I edit the 'From MPEG2' transcoder my only option is to RTJPeg
and MPEG4. I want a file that I can burn on dvd without having to
transcode again to mpeg2. Am I missing something? Running cvs as of
yesterday.

Another thing, I have commercial flagging turned off because I had some
problems and wanted to see if that was the issue. I marked one for
commercial flagging lastnight and it finished within 10 minutes. I went
ahead and marked three others for flagging and they never finished. If I
try to select 'Stop Commercial Flagging' from the Watch Recordings
screen it does nothing and stays at flagging. I let it run overnight and
tried to manually transcode using mythtranscode ... -l and it said the
file was in the process of being flagged and stopped. If I remove the -l
it worked (but is in the mpeg4 format).

- James