[mythtv-users] Re: Image quality, what effects it?

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Tue Aug 10 08:54:06 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 08:19:34AM -0700, Chris Vargas wrote:
> --- Chris Petersen wrote:
> >   Basically, the quality goes:
> > coax > rca > svideo > component
>
> Just to clarify, that scale goes from worse to
> better.... those aren't meant to be "greater than"
> signs. (I'm sure that's what Chris meant.)

BTW, "coax" is a confusing term, and so is "rca". Firstly, your
component video cables uses RCA connectors. You probably
meant composite. Secondly, any video cable (composite, component,
whatever) should actually be a proper coaxial cable. You probably
meant "RF modulated".

So:

RF modulated > Composite > S-Video > Component

Hamish