[mythtv-users] DVI v. Component

Adam Clarke adam at ngindex.com
Wed Aug 11 20:32:24 EDT 2004

Hello

This is exactly what i thought. However, my experiments have found you
really need to take into account any scaling on the video thats done
between the source (normally the video output card) and the display its
been shown on. If video is scaled it tends to look horrible, it tends to
be blury. For interlaced displays, flicker fixing on the video output
also makes a difference on quality, within a GUI, flicker fixing on the
output is great, and helps the text be easier to read. Flicker fixing
while displaying video tends to give a lot softer look to the video output.

Adam