[mythtv-users] OT: Updated knoppmyth CD?

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Thu Aug 12 02:32:37 EDT 2004

> Maybe I mis-read but I thought you could take knoppix (and possibly
> knoppmyth) and add or update applications. I was hoping someone might
> have done this with the end result being a knoppmyth boot cd using a
> more recent version of mythtv.
>
> Any other ideas on running a harddisk-less frontend, but run a CVS
> release of mythtv?

You could netboot the laptop (if the nic supports it) and give it a root
partition on your backend. Have a look at one of many nfs root partition
howto's on the web. If you use the same distro for the laptop you can
use the same mythcvs packages you are using on your backend. Basicly
you'll need a DHCP and a TFTP server and the isolinux package to do the
booting. Good documentation on this can also be found of the minimyth
website. (http://linpvr.org/)

Steven