[mythtv-users] Avoiding Roslyn or Blackbird Hauppauge Cards

Milan Andric mio at lebox.org
Thu Aug 12 20:57:50 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 10:33:19PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Just make sure you don't get a Roslyn/Blackbird design for the PVR-250 (
> http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=SupportedHardware ).  It
> won't work.

How does one know what card is Roslyn/Blackbird.  I read the link above
but there's really no way of telling until you try it or look at the card?

from what I gather, MythTV does not support :

28xxx model  (Roslyn)
or
CX23416 Encoder with CX23880 Audio/Video Digitizer combo (Blackbird)

I was planning on getting SL-980-B1.4-US ...  It's the PVR250 + remote
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=310591&pfp=srch1

but i'm not sure where to crossreference this number.

Any advice?

--
Milan