[mythtv-users] Mythweb and file stat problem

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Sat Aug 14 01:49:43 EDT 2004

Hello,

When I go into mythweb and my current recordings and click on a file I get an
error

You don't have permission to
access /mythweb/video_dir/1056_20040814000000_20040814010000.nuv on this
server.

Okay, this did not make any sense, so I checked my apache error logs and found
this:

[Sat Aug 14 01:35:01 2004] [error] [client 66.55.207.225] (75)Value too large
for defined data type: access
to /mythweb/video_dir/1056_20040814000000_20040814010000.nuv failed, referer:
http://mydomain.com/mythweb/recorded_programs.php

Okay, when I go and research this I found this little tidbit on php.net

----------------------------
php functions that rely on the underlying *nix stat() call, such as
file_exists, can fail for extremely large files on some unix implementations.

This is not a bug in php AFIK, but a caution for unix users.

A file_exists on a DVD-sized .iso image on linux (kernel 2.4.x) for example,
returns:
   stat failed for <filename> (errorno=75: value too large for defined
datatype)
-----------------------------

So I am actually running a 2.4 kernel, and don't have the option to upgrade
the kernel.  But MythWeb does not look like its actually calling any php from
there, but an actual url to the file.  So thats probably not it.

I put an index.html into that directory (the one with the nuv files) and I can
get it fine... same permissions.

I am not sure if apache has a file limit size, I cannot find anything on the
apache web site...   Has anyone else seen this?

I am running:

MythWeb from CVS
Linux 2.4.25
Apache 2.0.49

--

Bill Chmura

w. http://www.fistfullofcode.com
w. http://www.explosivo.com

Without good motivation, science and technology, instead of helping, bring
more fear and threaten global destruction. Compassionate thought is very
important for humankind.
-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Wisdom does not mean knowledge but experiential understanding. Wisdom helps
you to change radically your habits and perceptions, as you discover the
constantly changing, interconnected nature of the whole of existence.
-Martine Batchelor, "Meditation For Life"