[mythtv-users] X on pvr350 tvout - pls help

Prash prashk at staff.btltd.net
Sun Aug 15 12:11:10 EDT 2004

Hi People,

I'm runing Fedora Core 2 with mythtv from ATRPMS. Everything works fine on
my monitor but things go wrong when I us ePVR350's tvout trying to use X
on my tv using ivtvdev driver.

I've tested modprobe saa7127 test_image=1 which works great and shows the
test image on my TV. Then I do dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 - works
great again.

Now when I edit my xorg.conf file to run X on my TV using ivtvdev driver,
it divides my screen into two vertical portions. The lower half is blank.
The upper half is divided horizontally into two and both displaying my
xwindow which is weird.

ivtvdev complains when I use DefaultFbbpp or FbBpp and also when
Defaultdepth=24 in my xorg.conf.

Any Ideas?

My xorg.conf is :
# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Default Layout"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database. Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db"). There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
RgbPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
FontPath "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
# Load "v4l"
Load "dbe"
Load "extmod"
# Load "fbdevhw"
Load "glx"
Load "record"
Load "freetype"
Load "type1"
Load "dri"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
# Option "Xleds" "1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
# Option "XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults). For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
# Option "XkbModel" "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
# Option "XkbModel" "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
# Option "XkbLayout" "de"
# or:
# Option "XkbLayout" "de"
# Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
# Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
# Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"
#
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "gb"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Monitor Vendor"
HorizSync 30-68
VertRefresh 50-120
# DisplaySize 160 120
Mode "720x576"
# D: 41.475 MHz, H: 44.693 kHz, V: 74.488 Hz
DotClock 41.476
HTimings 720 752 840 928
VTimings 576 580 584 600
Flags "-HSync" "-VSync"