[mythtv-users] MythGame not loading MAME roms

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 15 13:56:17 EDT 2004

Please search the archives if you haven't already.
This is a very common issue.

The most likely cause is that you are using a version
of XMAME that is too new for MythTV.  There is an
option that was recently taken out of XMAME 0.84 that
is needed for building the database, and therefore you
need to use a prior version.

(Note: Last time I checked, the RPM for XMAME on
ATRpms is 0.84.1, which is definitely too new).

-- Joe