[mythtv-users] Objective IVTV quality measurement instructions

dean vanden heuvel deanv at cox.net
Sun Aug 15 15:07:45 EDT 2004

Thanks for all the advice...

I'm not really concerned about space, as I don't burn often anyway.  I'm  more concerned about getting the *best* image when I playback or watch *live tv*.  I have pegged the bit rate in my recording profile for *live tv*, and IF I cannot get any better by sampling 720x480, then I was thinking that sampling less pixels (640x480) using the pegged bit rate MIGHT improve what I am seeing...then of course, if 640 is better, then perhaps 480 might be even better yet.

I understand the advantage of grabbing 720 for direct record to DVD, and thanks for that info...I learned something new yet again.

BTW, since my source is 16x9 (from a samsung HD satellite receiver), I think there is no way I can get to *square pixels* and retain all 480 lines vertically.  Do you agree?

-dvh