[mythtv-users] lossless mpeg2 commercial cutting?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Aug 15 15:51:02 EDT 2004

I just received a patch to nuvexport that adds a "remove commercials"
option for the mpeg2 users out there.  It's a total hack, and rather
sucks because avidemux2 still requires X (it can be worked around with a
gtk->curses library, but it's still really messy).

I seem to remember that there was once some good almost-finished (couple
of sync bugs, no?) code for this built right into mythtv.  What ever
happened to this part of the project?

-Chris