[mythtv-users] Mythtv on 2.6

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon Aug 16 11:10:38 EDT 2004

On 8/16/2004 10:49 AM, huffman at graze.net wrote:

>Is anyone running mythtv on 2.6 successfully?

Yes, 2.6.7

>  Does your machine have 512MB of
>memory or more?

Yes, 512M.

>  What install are you using?  15.1 atrpms?  CVS?

CVS as of Aug 14th.

>  What distro?

Fedora Core 2, swapped out the Fedora kernel with 2.6.7 from kernel.org
though.  Compiled with 8k stacks.

>And finally, if you compiled, did you change the optimization options in
>settings.pro?

-march=pentium4

>  I'm still having mythbackend crashes on my P4 2Gig w/ 512 MB
>memory , latest ivtv, and mythtv CVS.  :-(

I am using ivtv ck99e.  I found that one gave me support for the PVR-250
MCE and worked best with Myth.  Hopefully I will have some time soon to
try out ck102 or higher, probably starting with ck103e.

What type of crashes?  Just exiting or is it a segfault?  What messages
are you getting in mythbackend.log right before the crash?

--
David