[mythtv-users] Itunes 4.6, mfd, mtd, AAC and MythMusic

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 16 11:44:07 EDT 2004

On Sunday 15 August 2004 09:35, Nathan Ziarek wrote:
> First off, I love that someone is working on this. It makes the
> MythMusic module, in my mind, leaps and bounds more useful.
>
> Now, I have it installed (very recently ~ a day), and when I launch
> everything and pop open the Powerbook I see the list. However
> clicking on it says that iTunes 4.6 and MythMusic are not compatible.
> I get a similar warning from the Myth side of things: ³WARNING: daap
> server plugin daap server does not yet have specific code for this
> version of iTunes: 4.6² I can understand if the update to iTunes
> changed some things, so I really just want to verify that I am not
> doing something wrong / have a wrong setting.
>
> When in MythMusic, how do you see the music available through iTunes?
> I looked through the ReadMe and the program options, but I just donıt
> see it. Is that a function of my problem above? Once again, just want
> to make sure I am not doing something dumb.

MythMusic doesn't use daap; it accesses the Myth database & filesystem
directly.  To experiment with mfd, you'd need to run 'mfe', which is a
proof-of-concept frontend for the mfd stuff.  Note that mfe will not
show iTunes shares (yet?) because it looks specifically for mfd
services, not generic daap services via Rendezvous.

On that note, if anybody can figure out why I can't get mfe to work with
RendezvousProxy, I'd be very grateful.  I'm guessing it's some kind of
quirk in the zeroconfig client library (is that part of libopendaap?),
since the mfd server works just find (I can see my mfd share with other
DAAP clients via the proxy).

> I know mfd is in alpha stage, but I noticed I canıt run mfd and mtd
> at the same time, even after I changed the port number in setup. Does
> the port number need to be changed elsewhere to make these peacefully
> coexist?

Hmmm, did you try running 'mfd -p <port>' ?

-JAC