[mythtv-users] Focus problems with Myth & Xine

Ramon Redondo malinon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 12:01:29 EDT 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:43:07 -0400, Harry Orenstein <holists at v92net.com> wrote:
> My problem is actually the focus
> problem with Xine.
>
> I am running xine-ui 0.99.2 from the latest gzip on the Xine site.  I know
> that this is a problem with Xine and not Myth, so please bear with me.  I
> reviewed all the history I could find on Dev and User Myth lists, the Xine
> site and googling and could not find a resolution to this problem.  Does
> anyone know if this is still a problem?  For those not familiar with it Xine
> does not seem to return focus after playing a DVD in MythDVD (or after
> playing anything even without Myth being involved).

I've run into this myself, although I haven't hit it in a while.  I am
also using KDE.  A while back I ran into a suggestion for a workaround
(I think this was on the LIRC mailing list, and I don't seem to have
the message anymore).  Basically, the idea is that LIRC keys which are
translated into keyboard-type events (i.e. irxevent, and maybe native
LIRC in Myth) seem to get lost when this particular issue has
occurred.  However, irexec still seems to work.  The workaround was to
configure a key on your remote to launch xmessage with a timeout of 1.
 Once the xmessage is complete, keys seem to respond normally.

>From my .lircrc:
---
begin
    prog = irexec
    button = pause
    config = xmessage -timeout 1 "Wait"
    repeat = 5
end
---

As I said, I haven't run into the issue in a long time, perhaps not
since moving to native LIRC for Myth and Xine.  So you might try that
as well.

Ramon Redondo