[mythtv-users] Preparing for HDTV in 2005

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Aug 16 15:47:41 EDT 2004

> Here's what I know of the HD-3000 card.
>
> pcHDTV has sold the last of their HD-2000 cards.  The new card in
> production is the HD-3000.  This card is almost identical except it has
> a newer Oren HD tuner chip and it will also have S-Video in.  The card is
> planned to be availible in the next couple weeks.  Windows drivers are
> also planned for this card.
>
> The reason for the newer Oren HD tuner chip is that the one used in the
> HD-2000 is out of production.  The new chip is unlikely to have any
> difference in performance/quality/tuning.
>
> --Brandon

S-Video IN our OUT?  If IN, what's the use unless that means they are
putting a mpeg encoder chip onboard which would make this quite a different
beast than the current card I believe.   If it was IN and we could get
support for the S-Video -> mpeg2 feature then that could stear a lot of
people away from the current analog hardware encoder cards since a lot of
people just run S-Video or composite into them.

--

Chris