[mythtv-users] Free tip for those playing with cutting commercials

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Tue Aug 17 02:06:41 EDT 2004

I had a recording and was trying to edit out commercials.  I wanted to
cut some of the stuff before the show started, and ended up putting a
cut right at 0:00:00.00.  So it cut the entire show.

Then I exited in a frenzy of hitting Escape.  Dumb, I know...

In a situation like this, the one thing that you should ABSOLUTELY *NOT*
DO is start a transcode.  You'll lose the recording.

Can't go back into it to edit it either.  The frontend hangs.  Solution?
  Go into the 'recorded' table and replace the 'cutlist' entry for that
show with the value NULL.

Problem solved.

This is why it's good to have phpMyAdmin installed, since I'm not a DBA!

	-I